Saturday, December 15, 2012

Jack is 6 months

What? Our baby is already halfway through his first year of life!? Geesh time flies.


Measurements: 27 in. (70%) 17 lbs. (43%) Once again, long a leeean! haha

This month: 
- This month has gone by so fast! We have finally gotten in to a more regular schedule of still waking up, but only once a night. Which I can handle, I just wish he would sleep through the night!
- He is SUCH A WIGGLE WORM! My goodness I definitely have a boy. He would JUMP out of my arms if I let him! He thinks he can crawl, walk, and even sit up. (which he is super close to doing by the way!)
- He slobbers and drools like none other! Which has actually been going on since 4 months, I just forgot to mention it.
- He has to still put everything in his mouth. And is great with finding his binki and putting it in all by himself! He loves his binki also.
- He loves solid food! We have fed him squash, sweet potato, green beans, apples, bananas, pears, and avocado! So far sweet potato wins on his list of favs. 
- He talks up a storm! He has been doing the little "uh"s and "oh"s for a while, but now he is in to doing "ee" and "baba" its so cute to see him experiment and try to make sounds!
- He squeals with delight all the time, just out of the blue we will hear a big scream that I'm sure even scares himself :)
- He is just starting to get stranger danger, which I am so not excited about. But at the same time it makes me feel  so important when he wants me or Steve :)

Random Happenings

- He is finally done being swaddled at night. Now I know you are probably laughing to yourself thinking he was WAY too old to be swaddled but I had a little swaddle sac that velcrowed together and that was the only way he could sleep! Now he wears that little football sleep sack which he also loves.
- He is starting to sit up great! But only with a few distractions in front of him :)
- Daddy loves dressing him up in Ute gear and watching football games!
- Also, every time I look away for one minute he has something terrible in his mouth! haha this one is Daddy's computer cord... (also, why does his hair look SUPER red in some pics?) he is definitely a blonde in person.

Thanksgiving


We went to my grandparents house for Thanksgiving and had such a great time! The bottom left picture is of my two cousins Reggie and Dillon, and my brother Mitchell. They are all so tall!


We went to St. George after Thanksgiving to visit Steve's mom and we took a day trip over to Vegas! Jack loved the lights, fish and of course his great-uncle's Bellagio fountains!



We had our first Christmas party of the season! Jack sat on Santa's lap and wasn't scared at all! I don't know if he even knew he was on Santa's lap actually. haha He loved opening his first present too! The bottom left picture captures exactly his personality these days, grab everything! haha 


Just thought I'd share the funniest pictures ever. I thought he would like a little taste of my ice cream one day, but then he cried when I took it away! I finally had to eat it out of his sight because he just kept demanding more! haha We are so in trouble with this one...


Had to throw this one in. Me at 6 months, Jack at 5 months and 3 weeks, and Steve at 6 months! Everyone says he looks just like me, but I think he is a great mix of us both. :)


My camera has this setting that if it knows you took a picture of a face, it crops it up all big looking. This one melts my heart! I love the amazing quality of the pictures our camera takes! Of course I'm a terrible photographer, but it's good enough for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment